- Natural diversity on the organic farm
- Ethologically sound livestock management and feeding
- No use of chemically synthesized pesticides or fertilizers
- No use of genetic engineering
- No use of unnecessary additives such as flavourings and colourings
- Non-aggressive processing of foodstuffs
- inspection of organic production and processing
The Bud label stands for
LABEL PREMIUMAND MARKET ACCESSThe principal benefit for organic farms is the label premium, i.e. the 15 - 50% higher prices that organic farmers earn for their produce. Secondly, they benefit from the measurable progress in improving market access for the Bud: a new Bud-labelled product appears almost daily, continuously expanding the position of Swiss organic products in the food market.
GROWING BRAND RECOGNITIONThanks to extraordinary efforts (TV advertisements, trade fairs, posters, public relations work, improvement of product quality) the Bud label has pulled into second place, and now ranks directly behind Coop's own Naturaplan label for brand recognition.
A representative survey showed that by the end of December 2020, 83% of Swiss citizens were familiar with the Bud label.